I’ll just be upfront right now: I don’t love sweet potatoes. There. I said it. But because I’m a good sport, and January has been about trying new foods and eating healthier now, I made them last week and, paired with the leftover dip from the Crispy Chicken Tacos — I died. Maybe there is a little thing called sweet potato love.
We served our sweet potato fries with sliders (sans bun and served on a bed of spinach for me), and with the avocado sour cream goodness on the side, everything was kicked up a notch! So if you don’t love sweet potatoes and prefer the regular kind, or doubly better (or worse) tater tots…then hold up a minute and just try these babies.
You can find the recipe for the dip here (it’s the recipe for the cabbage salad, minus the cabbage).
For the sweet potato fries you will need:
salt & pepper
fresh parmesan cheese
- Wash and slice your sweet potatoes in thin strips, leaving the skin on.
- Toss lightly in olive oil (not too much or they’ll get soggy).
- Sprinkle with paprika, basil (you can use parsley if you like that better), salt & pepper.
- Bake at 375 until desired crispiness.
- Sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan cheese and sea salt and you’re amazing!
Serve them with a side of the avocado dip, paired with sliders or a warm panini sandwich and enjoy! Crunchy fries, less guilt. Win-win!